At an early age, my mother instilled in me a deep love and appreciation for cooking, which has undoubtedly impacted my career path to this day! I have vivid memories of being in the kitchen as we whipped up meals and desserts from dog-eared, well-loved and well-splattered cookbooks that filled my parent’s kitchen (and still do).
When I moved to Austin a couple of years ago, my mom made sure that the tiny kitchen in my studio apartment was well-stocked with copies of those nostalgic family favorites. And I still find myself returning back to them whenever I’m needing to reconnect to my roots — which is always best done through food, of course.
But I’ve also added several new finds to my repertoire filled with healthy, easy and flavorful meals perfect for those looking for recipes that are both delicious and nourishing.
Check out my all-time favorites below, and click purchase a copy for yourself!
- What to Cook & How to Cook it by Jane Hornby
- The Defined Dish by Alex Snodgrass
- Cook Like a Pro: Recipes and Tips for Home Cooks: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
- Food: What the Heck Should I Cook by Dr. Mark Hyman
- The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal by Gwyneth Paltrow
- Cauliflower Power: 75 Feel-Good, Gluten-Free Recipes Made with the World’s Most Versatile Vegetable by Lindsay Grimes Freedman
- Well + Good Cookbook: 100 Healthy Recipes + Expert Advice for Better Living by Alexia Brue and Melisse Gelula
- Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food You Can Make At Home by Ina Garten
- Tangy Tart Hot and Sweet: A World of Recipes for Every Day by Padma Lakshmi
- Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust by Ina Garten
- Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over by Alison Roman
- Beyond Parsley by the Junior League of Kansas City
- The Art of the Pantry by Claire Thomson
- My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness by Gwyneth Paltrow
- The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
- Cooking for Jeffrey by Ina Garten
- It’s All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great by Gwyneth Paltrow
- Eat Clean, Play Dirty: Recipes for a Body and Life You Love by the Founders of Sakara Life by Danielle Duboise and Whitney Tingle
- It’s All Easy: Delicious Weekday Recipes for the Super-Busy Home Cook by Gwyneth Paltrow
- Superfoods Superfast: 100 Energizing Recipes to Make in 20 Minutes or Less by Julie Montagu
- Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients by Ina Garten
- Love Real Food by Kathryne Taylor
- Barefoot Contessa At Home: Everyday Recipes You’ll Make Over and Over Again by Ina Garten
- Houston Junior League Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston
- Every Last Bite: A Deliciously Clean Approach to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet by Carmen Sturdy